Apologies for the delay dear TC-P readers. Here’s a quick round-up of what you may have missed:
Interested in contributing to ThinkChange Pakistan? Don’t be shy, write to us and let us know!
Hi all! Here’s a quick round-up of #socent happenings:
- In order to tackle the problem of poor waste management in Karachi, entrepreneur, Khayam Hussain has designed the Ricksaaf, a rickshaw with a steel container that can carry up to 200 kg of trash. How awesome is that? Check out the full story on E-Tribune here.
- If you missed start-up weekend in Lahore, Waqas Ali of Hometown Shoes sums it up here.
- Stop by Kuch Khaas in Islamabad this Wednesday for the event, “Changing Mindsets through Film-Making” in honor of International Women’s Day. The event will screen a video montage on themes related to women followed by a poetry recitation and motivational songs by Mumtaz Begum and Abida Ejaz to celebrate the struggles and achievements of Pakistani women. More details here.
- The Environmental Protection Society is organizing the GCU Environmental Conference on March 12 – 13.
- Felix Oldenburg, the European director of Ashoka talks about how organizations that do not generate changemakers are going to be left behind regardless of how much money they have. Read the full piece here.
- Check out the widely circulated post on the 7 worst ideas in international aid – what do you think they missed?
Happy Monday! Here’s our bi-weekly round-up of stuff #socent people like. Enjoy!
- ATTN: policy makers and implementers: Read this important article on how public administrators could (and need to) be the future of social innovation in the world. Imagine the possibilities in Pakistan!
- Here’s a handy list of 15 social venture capital firms you should know about!
- An important round-up by Sasha Dicter of 20 questions every fundraiser must be able to answer.
- “Accelerators offer hands-on help from experienced mentors, sources for seed capital, and sometimes even co-working locations, and give entrepreneurs what they need to take a startup from concept to market more quickly and effectively than if they go it alone” – Lydia Dishman from Fast Company gives you some tips on how to get connected.