Inspired by the Acumen Fund Blog’s “Seen & Heard” weekly round-up of links, the ThinkChange Pakistan team is going to give you a weekly dose of all things #socent!
From the Land of the Pure:
- The Express Tribune reports on a round table discussion on micro-insurance that took place this week, resulting in draft regulations to encourage the expansion of the sector.
- Gawaahi was launched, providing an online platform to tell the stories of survivors. Be sure to follow them on Twitter and Facebook!
We in #socent Do Things Differently:
- Sasha Dichter (Director of Business Development, Acumen Fund) proposed rebooting Valentine’s Day to make Generosity Day. His suggestion resulted in blog posts and over 3000#generosityday tweets!
- Randall Kempner (Executive Director, Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs) wrote about how small business entrepreneurs and the key to poverty alleviation in the long-term.
- Village Capital asks, “Are you adding value beyond money?“
- Sasha Dichter (he’s on a roll this week) reflects on the generalisations we make about non-profit and for-profit organisations.
Lastly, TED released TED Conversations, connecting people to converse, collaborate and debate on the issues that matter for them.