Social Entrepreneurship in the News
- NextBillion: What aid agencies can do to boost social enterprise
- The Acumen Fund announced an investment into Sproxil, addressing counterfeit medicine.
- Ansar Management Company, an Acumen Fund investee, this week laid the bricks for their first housing community for low-income earners. Bryan Farris writes about the ceremony over at Rising Pyramid.
Conferences and Other Happenings
- DC for Acumen is hosting the “Dignity DC” photo exhibition and auction on March 31st. Tickets can be purchased online.
- Looking for a job in the social enterprise field? Check out Next Billion’s Career Center for the latest job postings.
- The Skoll World Forum on Social Entrepreneurship is fast approaching! One of our ThinkChange Pakistan editors, Kalsoom will be blogging from the conference, taking place in Oxford, English March 30 – April 1.
- Fellowship applications are closing soon! PopTech (31st March) and Skoll Awards (27th April).
- SOCAP/Europe is accepting applications for funding for the upcoming conference (May 30th – June 1st), worth ₤1400