Social Entrepreneurship: News, Competitions and Winners
- Acumen Fund announces a $1.2M investment in Juhudi Kilimo with Grameen Foundation.
- eBay Foundation and Ashoka’s Changemakers are launching an online competition to find innovative market-based solutions that create economic opportunity and generate employment for disadvantaged populations. Click here for more information!
- Have a look at the winners of Acumen Fund’s Mother’s Day special Search for the Obvious competition.
Job Announcements and Volunteer Opportunities
- A ton of new jobs in the social enterprise sector were posted on NextBillion’s career center. Check ’em out!
- 2 summer volunteer positions available with Acumen Fund
Development and Innovation
- Devex has published its list of top 40 Development Innovators on its Facebook page. The list features Amnesty International, Greenpeace, the Gates Foundation, Aga Khan Development Network among many others!
- On a related note, read Erica Williams’ blog on how to take on failure and innovation in the social sector here.
Social Enterpreneurship Models
- Professor Brett Smith writes about the new MicroConsignment Model developed by Ashoka fellow Greg Van Kirk that acts as an initial distribution channel to provide access to basic products.
- And as expected, Grameen Bank comes under the control of the Bangladesh Bank. Read the full story here.