Hello readers! Here’s what’s going on in the exciting world of #socent:
- Congratulations to P@SHA Fund’s first round winners: Sabah Rehman, Farhan Masood, Waqas Ali and Usman Siddiqui!
- Also meet Teach For Pakistan’s first cohort of brilliant fellows!
- Read Express Tribune’s coverage on Wondermilk, a small venture in Karachi that is selling, promoting and expanding the consumption of camel milk.
- Attention Karachiites: The first Entrepreneur’s Roundtable meeting will be held on January 17th at The Second Floor (T2F) in Karachi. TC-P’s very own, Kalsoom of Invest2Innovate and Jeremy Higgs of EcoEnergy Finance along with Khalida Brohi of Participatory Development Initiatives will be leading a side panel on social entrepreneurship.
- Attention Lahoris: Join Pakistan Sustainability Network for Green Drinks at Nairang Gallery in Lahore on January 17th.
- Teach For Pakistan will be holding information sessions at Beaconhouse National University (January 19) and SZABIST (January 20th)
- The deadline to submit your pitch for the Pitch for Change competition at Harvard Social Enterprise Conference (Feb 25 – 26 2012) is January 20.
- Read Blair Miller of Acumen Fund’s widely circulated blog post on the Second Wave of Social Entrepreneurs
- Have a look at these five lessons from world changers.
- Do you have what it takes to be a #socent leader? 14 clicks shares 7 might leadership characteristics that every entrepreneur should develop.